- About the Course
- Target Audience
- Book the Course
This program on CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) at London IT Training is a certification course program from Cisco Systems that covers the beginners networking concepts. The course is drafted to include all the basic and advanced CCNA concepts. The certification program makes you competent with all aspects of networks. It will cover the topics involved in installation, configuration and support. You would be able to manage the networks more effectively and efficiently.
The program covers the LAN and WAN networks functionalities and families you with the terms and equipments used in the networks. Understanding of the network helps to reduce the cost of maintenance and reduces the chances of network crashes. The program is a complete package to ascertain that you get to imbibe in yourself, all important expertise on practical solutions on CCNA networks.
- COURSE SYLLABUS
- Understand the operation of data networks.
- Know the purpose and functions of network devices such as routers, switches, bridges and hubs.
- Be able to select components to meet a specific network requirement.
- Understand how certain applications can impact network performance.
- Know the protocols, purpose and operation of both the OSI and TCP/IP models.
- Describe the data flow between two hosts on a network
- Be able to choose the most appropriate cables, media, ports and connectors to connect network devices and hosts to a LAN.
- Understand the media access control method for Ethernet.
- Describe the basic switching concepts and the operation of switches.
- Configure and verify switch configuration including remote access management.
- Verify a network and switch operation using basic utilities such as ping, telnet and SSH.
- Describe VLANs and the need for routing between VLANs.
- Understand network segmentation and traffic management.
- Be able to configure and verify VLANs.
- Configure and verify trunking on Cisco switches.
- Understand advanced switching technologies:
- Be able to configure and verify PVSTP operation.
- Describe the process of root bridge election.
- Example for Understanding Route Summarization
- Step 1: Summarize Winnipeg’s Routes
- Step 2: Summarize Calgary’s Routes
- Step 3: Summarize Edmonton’s Routes
- Step 4: Summarize Vancouver’s Routes
- Route Summarization and Route Flapping
- Requirements for Route Summarization
- Describe the need for public and private addresses for IPv4.
- Understand IPv6 addresses.
- Describe the appropriate IPv6 addressing scheme for a LAN/WAN environment.
- Describe the appropriate IPv4 addressing scheme for a LAN/WAN environment, including VLSM and summarization.
- Describe the technologies required to run IPv6 and IPv4 concurrently such as dual stack.
- Understand the basic routing concepts.
- Understand the boot process of a Cisco router.
- Configure and verify a basic router configuration using the command line interface.
- Configure and verify both serial and Ethernet interfaces.
- Be able to verify the network connectivity and configuration of a router.
- Configure a static or default route given specific requirements, then verify.
- Manage Cisco IOS files and image(s).
- Understand Cisco IOS licensing.
- Understand and distinguish different methods of routing and routing protocols.
- Configure and verify EIGRP in a single autonomous system.
- Configure and verify OSPF (v2 and v3) in a single area.
- Configure and verify interVLAN routing using router-on-a-stick.
- Be able to configure SVI interfaces.
- Configure and verify DHCP on a Cisco router.
- Understand the features and applications of each type of ACL.
- Be able to configure and verify ACLs.
- Understand the basic operation of NAT.
- Configure and verify NAT based on a set of network requirements.
- Be able to configure and verify NTP as a client.
- Recognize high availability FHRP.
- Understand, configure and verify Syslog and utilize Syslog output.
- Understand SNMP v2 and v3.
- Be able to configure and verify device security features.
- Understand, configure and verify switch port security features.
- Configure and verify ACLs for filtering network traffic.
- Limit telnet and SSH access to a router by configuring ACLs.
- Troubleshoot and correct common issues concerning IP addressing and host configurations.
- Be able to utilize netflow and monitor data.
- Troubleshoot and fix spanning tree operation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routing issues, including OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Troubleshoot and correct VLAN problems.
- Identify and resolve interVLAN problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve switch trunking issues.
- Troubleshoot and fix ACL problems.
- Troubleshoot and correct layer 1 problems.
- Troubleshoot and correct WAN issues.
- Troubleshoot EtherChannel issues.
- Understand and identify different WAN technologies including:
- Metro Ethernet
- Frame Relay
- Cellular 3G and 4G
- Configure and verify a serial WAN connection.
- Configure Frame Relay on Cisco routers including verification.
- Be able to configure and verify a PPP connection between two Cisco routers.
- Configure and troubleshoot PPPoE.
CCNA training course is a comprehensive program that starts from basic overview of CCNA, Its approach to goes till deep networking components. The course will cover the following areas in CCNA concepts.
IP Data Networks
IP Addressing (IPv4 and IPv6)
Network Device Security
- TARGET AUDIENCE
- Network Engineers
- Telecom Engineers
- Telecom Support Engineers
- Students wishing to make their careers in this stream
The course practically is suitable to all networking professionals of any organization who need to handle Cisco Networks to perform all kinds of networking issues within their organizations particularly those working in network support, network configuration or other server domain. As this course covers details from basics to advance level, so trainees can use it to enhance their knowledge in this domain. So this program is good for: